Now Kaspersky has removed the "Activation using Key File" option for Home Products. But still you can use this option to activate your Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 Using a Key File, just follow the steps below.
- First disable the Internet connection or unplug the network cable from your computer. (No Internet Access should be in your PC)
- Now Install your Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 using CD or downloaded file.
- Then it will ask for activation by entering the activation code and Activate a Trial Version, Choose Trial version and click Next.
- You will get an error massage like "Unable to Connect to the activation Server" or something else does not matter just click OK.
- Now you can see the option Activate Using Key File just Browse the key click Open then click Next.
So now you have successfully activated your Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 using the key file. It is also applicable for 2010 and 2011 version. The procedure is same for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. It is tested on Kaspersky Antivirus only, if you want then try it on Kaspersky Internet Security.