Here is the way how you can use your Nokia lumia 610 to access Internet on the computer. Turn Nokia lumia 610 into Wi-Fi hotspot, but in Lumia windows phone it's called tether to share your mobile Internet connection. So want to use the Internet on your laptop but don't have access? When you wireless tether your phone to your computer or other device, you can use your mobile data connection on that device. A Wi-Fi connection is created similar to Wi-Fi Hotspot.
|Nokia Lumia 610 ( Tethering )|
Steps to create Wireless access point on Nokia Lumia 610
1) Go to Settings ---> and select Internet Sharing
2) Set Switch Sharing to On
3) To change the name of your connection, select setup ---> Broadcast name, then write a name. You can also type in a password for the connection.
4) Select the connection on the other device and give the password that you have given and now you can access the lumia 610 Internet connection on other device such as On your Laptops.
A small definition about what is tethering ?
Tethering is mean to connect one device to another. In the mobile or Tablet world, tethering allows sharing the Internet connection of the phone or tablet with other WiFi enabled device such as laptops. This normally done over the wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth or by physical connection using a cable for example, through USB. If tethering is done over Wi-Fi, also called Mobile Hotspot and act as a portable wireless access point and router to get connected to it.
incoming search terms :
- How to connect nokia lumia to computer and access Internet
- nokia lumia 610 Internet connection sharing
- nokia lumia 610 tethering to access Internet connection on other devices
- nokia lumia 610 tether or wi-fi hotspot
- use Internet on your computer using nokia lumia 610