Now a days maximum work can be down through Internet Like Entertainment, Education, Games, Travel Tickets and many more things. So here i will show how can you book your railway ticket online. If you are new to Internet and want to know how to reserve or book rail tickets online, then this tutorial will help you regarding that.
So if you have a computer with Internet connection, then you can book your ticket by siting at home or you can also visit to Cyber/Internet cafe to book your rail ticket online.
Online Railway Ticket Reservation Website is https://www.irctc.co.in 'Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited' (IRCTC), using this website you can book your train tickets.
Sign up or Create an account (Free for individual) on the irctc website after successful registration log in to your account and book your rail tickets, to book your ticket provide some information about your journey i.e. From and To Station, Date and select the class etc. For registration and book train ticket online see below.
Steps to register/sign up for a new account on IRCTC
- Go to www.irctc.co.in and click on "sign up" link (Registration is not allowed between 7 A.M to 11 A.M. )
- Fill up the registration Form ( it is almost like as you sign up for email, in the registration page you will be asked for Your User Name, Email Id, Mobile No, Date of Birth, Residential Address, Your Name, Gender and Occupation etc)
- Enter the verification code given below of the page and Click on "Submit" Button
|Sign up/register on IRCTC to book your train ticket online|
- You will be asked to check your Email Id and Mobile No. if it's correct then Click on "OK"
- To accept the term and conditions of irctc.co.in Click on "Accept" button
- After successful registration you should check your email for "User Id" "Password" and activation link, click on the activation link to activate your account.
- Enter the Mobile verification code (a code sent to your mobile) Click on "Submit" button
- Now change the password enter your old password (which you have in the email) and enter the new password, confirm the new password then click on "Submit" button
Now your registration and activation process is completed, for more information on registration visit https://www.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/Registation.htm.
How to book train ticket online using IRCTC?
- Log in to your account on www.irctc.co.in
- Enter the "From station" and "To station" Select the Date under 'Play My Travel' then Click on "Find Train" button
- A list of Trains will appear Click on the class you want to book the ticket, it will show the availability for the next 6 days from the date you have selected.
- Click on Book
|How to book train tickets online IRCTC|
- Enter the Passenger Details (up to 6 passenger)
- Enter the 'Verification Code' and Click on "GO" button
- Verify the details about your journey and Click on "Make Payment"
- You can make payment by using Credit Cards, Mobile/Net Banking, Debit Cards choose your option and select your bank then make a payment.
- After successful payment your ticket will be booked and you will get a message on your mobile with the PNR No, Name and seat details.
- You can show the message which has been sent to your mobile from IRCTC and a valid identity Card while travel.